[8/28 @ 8p EST – Note: I’m receiving a few emails that say the links aren’t working for the Windows 8 app in the Windows Store. I just tested and they work… From the Windows Experience Blog – “the app is propagating across the Windows Store servers, if this link doesn’t work keep checking!”]
Today, the Foursquare application has been published to the Windows Store. This is an EXCLUSIVE, Windows 8 FIRST, Tablet app that provides users with an immersive experience that can take advantage of devices with larger screen sizes.
Here’s what Dennis Crowley, Co-founder and CEO of Foursquare, said about the app (credit: Windows Experience Blog):
“People want to experience and explore the world around them, and the Foursquare for Windows 8 app helps them do that. It makes it fun to search for a place for dinner or to go out, and helps people discover new experiences. We’ve worked with Microsoft on a bunch of initiatives over the years, and this product is another example of the great things we can do together.”
Foursquare for Windows 8 helps you make the most of where you are and where you are going. Keep up with your friends and discover great places and activities nearby, on all your Windows devices!
- Get instant suggestions when you open the app, even if you don’t have a Foursquare account
- See places that are currently trending, recently opened, or just best nearby
- Easily search for “Thai”, “park” or “brunch”
- Get directions, hours, photos, and more
- Full-screen photos viewer brings locations to life
- Save places to your to-do list and create custom lists
- Get tips from friends, top publications and brands
- Like or dislike places and leave tips for friends
- Check in without interrupting location browsing
- We learn your tastes the more you check in
Windows App Pictures
Download Windows 8 App
You can also read about the application from the Foursquare blog.
Lastly, if you have a Windows Phone and haven’t done so already, download and install the Windows Phone Foursquare app from Windows Phone Apps.